Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Not your typical stay-at-home-mom

I might look like your average, everyday, run-of-the-mill stay at home mom. But secretly, I'm really not. Those who are lucky enough to be part of my inner circle know that I am a perfectionist with a capital PERFECT! When I make up my mind to do something, it's go big or go home. Even when I was in school, if it wasn't an A, it may as well have been an F. Until college when I sort of joined reality just for a bit. Then I graduated and reverted back to, well myself, only cleaner and more organized.

Being this way really isn't as easy as it looks, I assure you. Sometimes it means throwing perfectly fine cupcakes in the trash or realigning vinyl letters four times because the spacing isn't just so. It can be time consuming and downright disappointing when things don't go how I imagine they should. But other things, like the tidiness of my home, the organization of my closet, and the planning of my children's wacky over-the-top ALWAYS at home birthday parties are a complete breeze due largely to the fact that I have a system.

I have a system for EVERYTHING. We even have a system for shoes, that's oh-so-creatively called "The System." I can't even imagine what it must be like to live with me, although I fantasize that my husband and children think their lives are so much better than other people's due to the streamlined efforts of the crazy lady in charge. Perhaps my husband should contribute to the blog on occasion so that you will all know the truth. I don't know that I could read them, however, as I prefer my fantasy reality. Yes, I know, that's an oxymoron.

Anyway, as I jump out in this adventure of sharing my universe on the world wide web, I do have a small confession. I'm not perfect. Shhhh! It's my most heavily guarded secret. I am learning to accept when mornings, volunteer jobs, and even cupcakes don't go as planned. I've come to realize that often, God's illumination of His plan is more like a flashlight than a flood light. I'm slowly finding a balance that will demonstrate in real time to my children that sometimes, what we least expect and never planned for can be our biggest blessing.

So whether you are an Army wife, single mom, stay at home dad, or experienced grandparent, I invite you to join me on my blog journey where I will share tips, tricks, recipes, party ideas, and sometimes detours that make it look like I am just sailing through this Army wife life. No matter where you are in life, I hope you will find something in my jumble of words that you need right now to make your life easier, more organized, or maybe just a little sweeter. Oh, how I do love cupcakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment